IMPORTANT NOTE: OUTDOOR CLASSES and Zoom classes have been scheduled for Spring 2021, and are now available for registration. Spring 2021 will run for 10 weeks from April though mid-June as Music Together®® Online and Outdoors ("Triangle" song collection) and Rhythm Kids Outdoors ("Jaguar" song collection). Late registration for Winter classes and payment plans are available. Contact us for more information.
Since we cancelled in-person classes in March of 2020 as the Covid-19 pandemic appeared, we have been preparing to come back together again in a safe way. Some things about our in-person classes will be different, but the joy of making music together will be the same, and maybe even more important in our lives!
Indoor and Outdoor Class Guidelines
- When you register for class, you'll receive a list of screening questions. Attending class means that you can answer "No" to every question, every time. If you answer "Yes" to any question, you cannot return to class until you can answer "No" to all questions again. You will be welcome to join one of our Zoom classes in the interim. If you or a close contact receives a positive COVID-19 test, you agree to notify Music Together with Alexia as soon as possible, and we will inform other class families without revealing identifying information.
- No in-class makeup sessions will be available, and no demos will happen in-person, so you always know who is in your class. All participants will get a contact sheet of the other class families. Classes will be limited to 6 families, one adult caregiver per child maximum.
- Class will run for 30 minutes, as recommended by the National Association for Music Education regarding indoor singing. (Also applies to outdoor classes, but for the reason of maintaining the attention of the children.)
- Families will receive a bag with egg shakers, scarves, and rhythm sticks to bring to each class. You may feel free to add other personal instruments to bring to each class. Occasionally, we will use resonator bells or drums, which will be on your mat when you arrive, and can be left there at the end of class to be cleaned.
- Families should abide by any posted safety signage at the locations, and are encouraged to wash or sanitize hands before and after class.
- Families should bring a ground covering to sit on. In soggy weather, an inexpensive shower curtain makes a great barrier between the ground and your blanket. Cones will be set out marking spaces to put down blankets, 6-8 ft apart. Parents will be responsible for gently leading wandering children back to the family space if they go into the circle. Children are free to wander out of the circle, at the discretion of their parents.
- Masks will be required for all adults and children 6+ during class. Children ages 2-5 years should wear masks on their way to their blanket, but have the option to take them off during class. If you or your child cannot wear a mask, it would be best to sign up for a Zoom class.
- Class will run unless it is actively raining heavily. If the weather is bad, we will move to Zoom for the day.
- Each family will get their own 4'x4' square space, 6 feet away from other families. Please go to the open spot furthest from the door when you come in, to avoid crossing close to other families. When leaving, please allow those closest to the door to go first. Children will have to be kept to their family's space. If you do not think your child will be able to avoid moving through the room, it would be best to sign up for a Zoom class. We know this is different from our classes pre-pandemic, but it's the only way we can safely have indoor classes.
- All people age 2+ will need to wear a mask. There will be no exceptions. If you or your child cannot wear a mask, it would be best to sign up for a Zoom class.
For Your Safety
You can rest assured that the locations that host our classes take Covid-19 seriously. We will have adequate ventilation, hand washing and sanitizing facilities, and social distancing and limited occupancy will be maintained. A safety plan will be available on-site, and the business has certified compliance with the state regulations. Any instruments handed out, as well as floor mats, will have been thoroughly cleaned with food-safe disinfectant. No activities will be presented that encourage breaking social distancing, and teachers will always wear masks. Entrance and egress will be designed to limit contact. Extra masks will be available. Policies are subject to change with new information.
Deposit and Refund Policy
To hold a space in one of the in-person classes, a $30 non-refundable deposit is required, with the remainder due by the first day of class. If you withdraw before the first day of class, or if the class cannot start due to safety concerns, you may apply the deposit, as well as any other payments, to another class. There are no refunds after the first day of class. If safety concerns cause the in-person classes to be paused or halted after the first day of classes, we will move the class to Zoom at the same day and time.
In-Person Class Schedule
Please see the schedule of classes below.